The terms and conditions of the tenancy are:
1. The Property
The “Property” includes:
1.1. the furniture, fixtures and fittings specified in the inventory;
1.2. the use of any rights of access, path, drive and any other things reasonably necessary for the enjoyment of the property and which the Owner can grant.
2. The letting period is: 4.00 pm on day of check in to 10.00 am on the day of check out.
3. Payment: If booking is made 4 weeks or more prior to arrival The Holiday Maker will pay a 20% deposit to the Owner. Only when this is received is the booking confirmed. The remaining amount is due 4 weeks prior to arrival date. If the full amount is not settled by the deadline we reserve the right to re-let the property. For bookings made within 4 weeks of the arrival date the full amount is required to confirm. Payments can be made by bank transfer or by cheque if received prior to 4 weeks before booking commencement.
4.Occupancy: The maximum occupancy of the property must not be exceeded unless agreed otherwise at time of booking.
5. Cancellation: Any cancellation made by the Holiday Maker prior to the full payment being made, the deposit will only be refunded if the cancelled holiday is re-let. Any cancellation made by the Holiday Maker after full payment, then every effort will be made to re-let the cancelled holiday but, failing this, a 50% refund will be made if cancelled 2 weeks prior to rental date. Thereafter, no refund will be given. The Owner strongly recommends clients take out their own Holiday Insurance policy. Should we have to cancel your holiday booking due to circumstances beyond reasonable control, we will make every effort to offer/find alternative accommodation. However, if this is not possible all monies paid to us in relation to the cancellation will be fully refunded. Our liability will not extend beyond this.
6. Smoking: No smoking is permitted anywhere in the house.
7. Pets: Pets are not permitted within the property.
8. Complaints: Any complaints should be passed onto the Owner by the Holiday Maker immediately to allow it to be dealt with appropriately and swiftly. If any complaint is received by the Owner about the Holiday Maker, the Owner has the right to address this in the appropriate manner. If no solution is found the Owner has the right to ask the Holiday Maker to leave the property with no reimbursement of monies paid.
9. Holiday Makers promises
In this paragraph, a promise by the Holiday Maker not to do something also implies that the Holiday Maker will not allow anyone else to do that same thing. The Holiday Maker now promises that he/she will:
9.1. keep the interior of the Property in clean and good repair and condition;
9.2. not smoke in the property.
9.3. clean and keep free from blockages and obstructions all baths, sinks and lavatories;
9.4. not dispose of “wet wipes”, disposable nappies or other items of personal hygiene down the lavatory;
9.5. keep clean the linen, towels, carpets, curtains and all other items in the inventory; any cost accrued through damage/staining will be charged to the Holiday Maker.
9.6. pay for any necessary repairs or replacement goods damaged during the letting period;
9.7. use the Property only as a holiday home for no more people than the maximum occupancy as stated above and will not operate a business at the property or use it for any improper, immoral or illegal purpose;
9.8. not assign, sublet, charge or part with or share possession or occupation of all or part of the Property;
9.9. not cause nuisance or annoyance to the Owner, other Holiday Makers or any neighbour;
9.10. not change or remove any of the Owner’s furniture, fixtures and fittings or items on the inventory;
9.11. not change or install any locks on any doors or windows nor have additional keys made for any locks without the prior written consent of the Owner;
9.12. report to the Owner any disrepair or defect in respect of the Property or the fixtures and fittings and report any failure of mechanical or electrical appliances;
9.13. allow the Owner, his agent or contractors access to the Property at reasonable hours during the day, or to carry out urgent and unforeseen repairs or other works to the Property or to carry out maintenance of the appliances. The Owner will normally give at least 24 hours notice but the Holiday Maker will give immediate access in an emergency;
9.14. whenever the Property is left unattended, the Holiday Maker will fasten all locks to all doors and windows and activate any burglar alarm, to prevent unauthorised access to the Property.
10.1. The Owner will maintain whatever insurances he wishes against any risk relating to the property. He will not insure anything owned by the Holiday Maker.
11. Holiday Maker’s departure
At the end of the tenancy the Holiday Maker will:
11.1. immediately return all the keys of the Property to the Owner or comply with such arrangements for the return of the keys as the Owner reasonably suggests before the commencement of the tenancy;
11.2. remove all personal effects and rubbish and leave the Property and the Owner’s fixtures and fittings in the same clean condition and state of repair as at the start of the tenancy, fair wear and tear excepted
12. Inventory check
12.1. At the end of the Tenancy the Owner will check the inventory room by room. Any damage will be evidenced by photos.
12.2. If the Owner is not satisfied as to the condition of a room or anything in it, the Owner may propose a sum to be paid by the Holiday Maker, in order to put the matter right. The Owner must provide a written breakdown of any deduction proposed.
12.3. If the Holiday Maker does not agree to the sum claimed, the Owner will obtain a written quotation for the cost of rectification from a contractor not connected to him/her.
12.4. The Owner may then accept the quotation and pay for the work. He/she must then provide copies of the quotation and the subsequent invoice to the Holiday Maker.
Off road parking is available AT THE HOLIDAY MAKERS’S OWN RISK